Mechanical Keyboard and where to find them
This list will help you quickly find your favorite layout and you can start DIY your own custom keyboard.
|SB-147||136%, 147 key||A 147-key 3d printed keyboard, along with custom profile keycaps.|
|GH80-3000||100%, Full size||GH80-3000 is intended to be a replacement PCB of the Cherry Corp.|
|Voyager97||97%, Full size||A compact fullsize keyboard.|
|HacKeyboard||87%, TKL||HacKeyboard is a mechanical keyboard built from scratch using SMK Alps Mount switches from an old Monterey K108 keyboard and Alps compatible keycaps from an old NGS keyboard. It has several features that are not usually found in commercial keyboards: internal keylogger, macro recording, internal USB Hub 2.0, internal flash drive, customizable LED colors, customizable LED effects;|
|XMMX TKL||87%, TKL||The XMMX is a Tenkeyless PCB designed to work with MX compatible switches as well as ALPS SKCL/SKCM and their clones. This PCB is inteded to fit the Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (not the Rapid-i) and the Filco Majestouch 2 TKL cases, although it could fit some other commercial TKL cases.|
|Toad||70%||70% with space between F-row and number row.|
|Toad V2||70%||Toad with support for MX and Alps switch.|
|Voyager65||65%||Cutting-edge 65% keyboard PCB for Keyplus firmware.|
|60%||A simple MX/Alps 60% board that just works.|
|Voyager II||60%||A simple MX/Alps 60% board using Keyplus firmware.|
|Ultimate hacking keyboard||60%||Split 60% keyboard with trackpoint.|
|GH60||60%||The most popular 60% keyboard pcb.|
|Plainy 60-c||60%||This universal 60% PCB is designed to support as little layouts as possible without limiting usability for most users.|
|TMK Alps 64||60%||Poker X compatible 60% size PCB supports various Alps switch keyboard layouts like AEK, Omnikey, Dell, V60MTS and Infinity.|
|Regack’s 59%||59%||A reduced size keyboard, but not quite 60%.|
|Equinox||40%||WKL compact 40% keyboard PCB.|
|CW40||40%||RGB underglow 40% keyboard.|
|Akihabara||40%||It’s a 40%, with an easy to use layout that works well for typists, but perhaps not designers or programmers. Can be 3d printed.|
|Tanuki||40%||Tanuki is a 40% keyboard that uses a split spacebar design to comfortably switch between layers.|
|Alpha||<30%||A 28-key semi-ortholinear mechanical keyboard.|
|RGB TKL||87%, TKL||[THIS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED YET]
TKL keyboard with RGB on each button.
|TS65||68%||[THIS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED YET]
The Split 65% Keyboard.
|BLU60||60%||[THIS HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED YET]
Bluetooth 60% keyboard.
|Atreus||The Atreus is a mechanical keyboard designed primarily to match the shape of human hands and to be as portable as possible. The case measures 26x12cm and lacks even a number row, relying heavily upon the
|Atreus62||This version utilizes a Pro Micro for its controller and has a 62 key layout.|
|Atreis||Unsplitting the Iris keyboard.|
|ErgoDox||Ergodox is a keyboard project designed with ergonomics in mind, it uses 76-80 Cherry MX style mechanical switches laid out in a columnar stagger (rather than the more conventional row stagger) layout with components that can easily be sourced. The keyboard is completely programmable and can be flashed with several different firmware options.|
|Infinity ErgoDox||Left handed: https://github.com/kiibohd/pcb/tree/master/ICED%20-%20Left
Right handed: https://github.com/kiibohd/pcb/tree/master/ICED%20-%20Right
|ErgoTravel||A split ergo 4x6 keyboard with 2 or 3 thumb keys and extra inner macro keys.|
|Redox||The Redox project is an open-source, ergonomic split mechanical keyboard. This repository will be used to share information about the project and instruction on how to use and assembly the Redox keyboard.|
|Dactyl Keyboard||The Dactyl is a parameterized, split-hand, concave, columnar, ergonomic keyboard.|
|Dactyl-ManuForm||The main change is that the thumb cluster was adapted from the ManuForm keyboard (geekhack). The walls were changed to just drop to the floor.|
|Mitosis||Wireless Split Ergonomic Keyboard|
|Interphase||A mitosis clone with more keys!!|
|Chimera||Split wireless QMK powered keyboards|
|Corne||Corne keyboard, a split keyboard with 3x6 column staggered keys and 3 thumb keys, rgb, based on Helix.|
|Orbit||A split ergonomic keyboard pcb with usb type c.|
|pteron||An ergonomic keyboard heavily inspired by the Atreus, Iris and Atreis keyboards.|
|Planck||A thumb-chorded 47-key keyboard|
|Drunk Planck||The PCB fits in the Planck formed bottom, and in theory it should fit into the Planck milled bottom|
|Alpsie||An alps-only blocked 4x12 (44 key) ortho with piezo support.|
|Contra||Extremely low cost ortholinear keyboard.|
|Low Profile Ortho||DIY low-profile ortholinear, with custom PCB, Kailh Choc Browns, and vintage Plum keycaps.|
|Koda||4x12 keyboard using pro micro and kailh choc.|
|Ergo42||7x4 ortho linear split keyboard.|
|Helix||A compact split ortholinear keyboard with screen.|
|Let’s Split||Split ortholinear keyboard with rgb underglow.
|Split Infinitive||The goal of this project is to build a Let’s Split keyboard clone with a number of alternative features.|
|Minisplit||6×4 +1keys Split Keyboard.|
|For Science||For Science is a 46 key ortholinear split keyboard PCB with a 3 key thumb cluster.|
|SAMPad||This is a custom numeric pad that is designed to be usable on the right side of the keyboard or on the left (With a mirrored layout if required). There is a gap in the top row and the second row of 1.25U. The top row can be broken off by simply scoring the two brifges and snapping. The bottom 5 rows can then be used in conjunction with a 60%/65% keyboard.|
|Soyuz||A single-PCB numpad kit.|
|QazPad||It’s a separate 10 key with some extra keys to allow it to stand alone for number crunching or gaming.|
|Game cart macropad||Macropad that’s look like game boy cart, can be 3d printed.
Fusion 360 file
|Hayabusa||5x5 key macropad with RGB backlighting.|
|Travel Numpad||A 4x4 custom numpad.|
|Kbord||kbord is a programmable keypad with 15 mechanical keys, each of which can be set to execute a script when pressed.|
|Geekpad||A 3x3 custom mechanical macro pad.|
|Staryu||An Open-source 5-key Keypad.|
|Sputnik||3x3 Macropad PCB.|
|Ion||4-Key Osu Keypad.|
|Cherry MX Keypad||1x4 keypad with led.|
|SIK Keyboard||An ergonomic, compact, mechanical keyboard|
|Some other collection of mechkey kicad pcb|
|Amoeba Single-Switch PCB||Make handwiring keyboard easier.|
|Usb Adapter||For customize keyboard connector and pcb.|
|KeyPlus||ATXmega controller that have awesome support for wireless, can use with Logitech receiver, with usb type c. Support keyplus firmware.|
|Goldfish||Arduino pro micro clone with usb type c. Support TMK, QMK.|
|BLE Micro Pro||It is a breakout board of BL654 (nrf 52840 module) which is conscious of compatibility with Pro Micro, and it can correspond to both USB / Bluetooth Low Energy. Support BlueMicro, QMK firmware.|
|Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE||Support QMK with bluetooth out of the box.|
|Adafruit Feather Bluefruit nRF52||Support BlueMicro firmware.|
|USB to USB keyboard converter||With this you can change keymap and use functions TMK firmware offers on your USB keyboard.|
|Teensy Soarer||Convert old keyboard socket to usb.|
|TEK-80 TKL||87%, TKL||Compatibility: Phantom, Universal TKL Plate, Filco TKL, Winkeyless, Gon|
|TKL acrylic case||87%, TKL||Compatibility: Phantom, Universal TKL Plate, QFR, Filco TKL|
|Classic 87||87%, TKL||Compatibility: Unknown|
|XD87 mica case||87%, TKL||Compatibility: XD87 PCB|
|Gameboy Keyboard case||40%||3D printed 40% case inspired by GameBoy.|
|60% acrylic case by MOZ||60%||Compatibility: GH60, Poker, Poker 2, Pure, Pure Pro|
|Infinity 60% case||60%||Compatibility: Standard 60% case, hhkb|
|Whitefox case||68%||Compatibility: Whitefox|
|Infinity ergodox case||Compatibility: Infinity ergodo|
|Redox case||3d printed case for Redox keyboard.|
|60% Alps Plates||60%||Compatibility: Infinity, HHKB, Tai-Hao, …|
- SA profile 1 - 3D model of SA profile keycaps.
- SA profile 2 - Another 3D model of SA profile keycaps.
- Cherry profile 1 - 3D model of Cherry profile keycaps.
- Cherry profile 2 - Another 3D model of Cherry profile keycaps.
- DSA profile - 3D model of DSA keycaps.
- XDA profile - 3D model of XDA keycaps.
- TMK - A very popular firmware that support Atmega32u4 powered keyboard.
- QMK - Base on TMK but support a lot of controller, support RGB, easy to use.
- Keyplus - An easy to use, wired and wireless modular keyboard firmware, for both ATXmega family and atmega32u4.
- BlueMicro - A Keyboard Firmware for nRF52832 Boards with a pinout compatible with the Arduino Pro Micro.
- MK32 - BLE keyboard firmware for ESP32 microcontrollers,designed to be relativley easily customizable.
- Bluetosis - Bluetooth firmware for the Mitosis keyboard.
- Kaleidoscope - Flexible firmware for Arduino-powered keyboards.
- PCB Designer Guide by ai03
- Keyboard PCB Guide by ruiqimao
- A modern handwiring guide
- Hand wiring a let’s split (pro micro)
- How to integrate a trackpoint in a mechanical keyboard (TMK, Teensy)
- lets-split-guide - This guide covers building a Let’s Split v2.
- Keyboard Layout Editor: This is a web application that enables the editing of keyboard-layouts, i.e., the position and appearance of each physical key.
- Plate & Case Builder: keyboard top plate CAD files generator, for keyboard-layout-editor generated layouts.
- ai03 Plate Generator: An advanced plate generator which doesn’t result in 13.99999mm cutouts. Also fillets the cutouts so you don’t have to waste hours later
- ai03 Plate Generator - An advanced plate generator which doesn’t result in 13.99999mm cutouts.
- mrkeebs Pcb Generator - Quickly create PCB from KLE json.
- Kalerator - pcb generator for keyboard-layout-editor generated layouts.
- Keyboard Firmware Builder - online QMK Firmware Builder. (2+ years behind QMK firmware master).
- QMK Configurator - an open source configurator for QMK Firmware.
- TMK Firmware Builder - online TMK Firmware Builder.
- Parametric Mechanical Keycap Library - is a keycap and keyset construction library for mechanical keyboards, written in openSCAD.
- KiCad Parts by Ai03 - KiCad Library of custom MX-Alps footprints
- KiCad Parts by Daprice - KiCAD footprint library for kailh choc and MX-style mechanical switches
- KiCad Parts by Keebio - Various KiCAD footprints for mechanical keyboard parts
- KiCAD Parts by TMK - KiCad modules for keyboard design
- Keyswitch Datasheets
- QMK Proton C symbol/footprint for KiCad, Eagle
🍺 Buy me some beer 🍺